I’ve made – and loved! – scrambled eggs with leftover dill before, but it wasn’t until I came across the Herb and Goat Cheese Omelet* recipe in Sweet Paul Eat & Make that it ever occurred to me to throw the dill into an omelette*!
Ingredients: makes 1 how-you-like-it omelette
1 egg + 1 egg white, whisked
chopped fresh dill
crumbled goat cheese
salt and pepper
butter, for pan
- Over medium heat, melt butter in pan. (Right now, I use a nonstick GreenGourmet Pan.)
- Add eggs, and allow to cook until they begin to set.
- Turn heat off, and carefully flip the omelette.
- Add 1/2 desired amount of goat cheese, dill, remaining goat cheese, salt and pepper to one side of the omelette.
- Fold empty omelette side over topped side, flip if necessary, sprinkle with a bit of pepper, and serve.
* Quick side note: Did y’all know that omelette can be spelled “omelette” AND “omelet,” and both are correct?! The fact that I just realized that gives you a hint as to what the rough drafts of my high school term papers looked like before spell check.