Not only can classic s’mores be made indoors in the oven (!), but the flavor can updated by varying the types of crackers and chocolates used
- Ginger crackers (I used Annas Ginger Swedish Thins, available at Fresh Market and Whole Foods)
- Coconut dark chocolate (I used Theo’s)
- Set oven to “broil.”
- Place marshmallows on a parchment paper lined baking sheet, and broil for about 60 seconds. DO NOT WALK AWAY FROM THE OVEN unless you’re in the mood for a visit from your friendly neighborhood firefighter.
- Note: I mistakenly bought jumbo marshmallows from the store, and I will be sure NOT to do that again. They’re so big that I had to flip them over to roast the other side. Normal, non-steroid looking marshmallows will brown and soften throughout without being high maintenance and demanding to be flipped.
- Top crackers with a square of chocolate, a hot roasted marshmallow, and another cracker.
- If desired, you can place chocolate-topped crackers in the oven for 2-3 seconds to melt the chocolate a bit before adding the marshmallow.
- Smoosh together, and enjoy!